I came down with a sore throat yesterday. I usually get at least one cold a semester (which manifests primarily as a sore throat in me for some reason). I basically survive on lozenges when I get these, so when my throat started hurting yesterday, I started in on a bag of lozenges we had in the cupboard.
I didn’t realize it at the time, but that bag of lozenges was one Debi had brought home from the University of Tampa. It had sat, open, in her desk for at least a year. I proceeded to munch on the lozenges, working my way through 2/3 of the lozenges, until I reached for one this morning. As I pulled it out, I felt something weird in my fingers. I wasn’t really paying attention as I eat these things almost continuously once the sore throat starts. When I looked down, I freaked:
In my fingers were the remains of a cockroach. Yep, I had just munched my way through 2/3 of a bag of lozenges that was cockroach infested!
The best part about this – it’s probably my allergies that increase my frequency of sore throats and colds (post-nasal drip when my allergies get bad). Turns out, I’m also allergic to cockroaches. So, I’m sure eating cockroach laced lozenges really helped my allergies!
4 thoughts on “blech!”
I think that’s the grossest thing I’ve ever seen – blech is right. I think I’m going to go throw up right now.
Try being the one finding the cockroach in your bag of lozenges! Blech indeed!
I say ditto to Wendy’s comment!!!!!
Haha, Ive done the same thing–left a big bag of chips loosely rolled up at my grandfathers old place down in Hollywood..that was my first close encounter with some cockroaches..atleast yours had wrappers