So, my regular readers may have forgotten, but I posted about the pain management clinic behind my house, along with the pharmacy, a few months ago. Yesterday they were raided by the DEA and Tampa Police. This has been all over the news the last day or so and is front page news everywhere here in Tampa. Here are some sample links, in case you’re interested:
- Tampa police, DEA searching 3 Tampa businesses
- 24 hours of Tampa Bay’s prescription drug epidemic
- Tampa enacts emergency pain clinic ordinance
- No new pain clinics in Hillsborough County
- Families push for pain clinic crackdown
- Who runs these pain clinics?
- Crackdown on pain clinics
- Clinic’s problems painfully obvious, neighbors say
I’ve been contacted by reporters from multiple outlets and was on TV again last night being interviewed about this. I haven’t been able to find that video online, but I Tivo’d it and will post it when I get a chance.
Anyway, I just wanted to say “boo-yah” to the scumbags running this thing. I knew they were running a pill mill all along; now everyone else does too. I wonder how much help my little blog was in all of this… 😉
Oh, and I’ve been doing a little more digging on this… Look for a follow-up post later today (even though I have real work I should be doing).
477 total views, 2 views today